Through out my time in this course I set out to establish different goals and objectives for my self.  ( see Learning Objectives ) I have made considerable progress on most of them, but I still need to learn more to be able to fulfill my desire for knowledge.  

Before I began the course I had three ideas in mind; I wanted to understand how gender, sex and sexuality was defined by my peers, expand my vocabulary and theoretical background relating to feminist and gender theory and to better know myself as a gendered, sexual being.  I have fulfilled my first goal through class discussions, group discussions an one-one conversations with my peers and professor.  I have nearly fulfilled my second goal, but still crave to know and understand more. I have made strides in understanding myself as a gender, sexual human being, but I know that this identity will ebb and flow at different points in my life as my role as a woman changes. 

Early on in the course I decided that I wanted to be able to engage my peers in active discussions, define what it means to be a feminist today, and to discover my role as a woman.  With assistance from the group initiative, I was able to engage my peers on a deeper level and to receive their feedback.  I am still figuring out what exactly it means to be a feminist today, but I do know that I still want to call attention to the patriarchic societal structures that persist.  As a woman, I have discovered that it is my duty and responsibility to be whatever it is that I want to be. 

Towards the end of the course I set out to: exercise power and explore power relations related to sexuality, embody Enloe’s sense of feminist curiosity, to cultivate confidence in my fellow women, and to make the personal political though social media.  I have been able to exercise the power of my sexuality by commanding attention when needed and exploring the dynamics of male/female interaction.  I still have a lot to learn in this aspect of my learning goals.  I have been able to explore Enloe’s sense of feminist curiosity by questioning aspects of my life and my encounters with object and people in ways I had never thought to before--I hope to never lose my sense of curiosity and never fear questioning the status quo.  I have been able to cultivate confidence in my fellow women though conversations and interactions with them--I suggested a couple of books for my mother to read, and after discussing them with her I think that they have really helped her to reevaluate her self-confidence issues and have empowered her and her relationships with others.  It amazed me from the time that I was young that she was able to build such a strong sense of self and confidence in her daughters, sisters and friends yet remained so unconfident about herself.  It has been a blessing to see her self-love grow recently.  As a result, our mother/daughter intimacy has grown so much stronger.  Finally, I believe that though this portfolio and through my Facebook page I have been able to engage some of my peers in theoretical discussion pertaining to gender theory in an approachable and thought provoking way.  I hope to continue this effort.  

Although I still have a lot to learn, I am happy with the progress I have made this semester.